March Monthly Observations
March is Awareness Month for:
Brain Injury Awareness
Colorectal Cancer Awareness
Juvenile Arthritis Awareness
Mental Retardation Awareness
Multiple Sclerosis Awareness
Self Harm Awareness
These are such important areas of our lives and we should all become more aware of what and who are around us each and every day. Everyone has struggles in their lives and some deal with more than others. Gala encourages you to find out more about issues that have either touched your life through yourself or others around you. Take a stand, get involved, help raise either money or awareness for the cause and expand your knowledge.
Find activities in your local area for you to get involved in to make a difference or thank those who do devote their time to promoting awareness for these important areas. Here are some staggering statistics…
- An estimated 1.7 million people sustain a brain injury each year.
- An estimated 2.3 million people worldwide have Multiple Sclerosis.
- It is estimated that over 294,000 children in the US under age 18 have been diagnosed with arthritis or other rheumatic conditions.
- Every 5 minutes, a child is born with mental retardation (more than 100,000 per year).
- Each year, 1 in 5 females and 1 in 7 males engage in self harm